Sundays are for Vibe Coding with Lovable


 This iconic graphic mark cleverly morphs a traditional heart symbol into a subtle "L" for Lovable.

 

Lovable has heavily popularized the concept of "vibe coding" and this Sunday morning I decided it was finally time to try it for myself.

I fought off the doomscrolling demons and searched YouTube for an hour-long Lovable tutorial. This is something I'd wanted to do since a free DataCamp session about it a month ago, but life kept getting in the way: work, travel, chores. 

That's also why I haven't posted since May 31st!

But today, I'm bringing you my first published vibe-coded landing page: a site for a fictitious space exploration company I lovingly named Soucouyant after the Caribbean folklore figure who sheds her skin at night and flies off as a ball of fire. 

Felt fitting for a rocket company

The prompt I used:

Create a website for my space exploration company called Soucouyant. The color scheme is red and black. Make it include the following: cinematic, wide-angle establishing shot of a sleek, dark-metallic orbital spacecraft resting on a minimalist launchpad at dusk. High-contrast, moody dark-mode aesthetic with deep obsidian blacks, subtle titanium highlights, and a dramatic amber-to-indigo horizon gradient. Photorealistic, 8k resolution, architectural minimalism, no clutter, immense sense of scale, epic composition, architectural digest meets futuristic aerospace engineering style.

In about 3 minutes, Lovable produced this: soucouyant-horizon-launch.lovable.app

Pro tip: if you're not great with words (like me), find a website whose design you admire and ask an AI model to describe it from a design perspective, then fold that description into your prompt.

I used SpaceX's site as my reference here.


What else can you build with Lovable?

I assumed Lovable was just for landing pages, but the use cases go way beyond that: business websites,  AI chatbots, dashboards, e-commerce (with Shopify integration), learning platforms, sales CRMs, even browser games.

If you can describe the app, there's a good chance Lovable can build it.


Setting up the backend with Supabase

The real "wait, it does that too?" moment was realizing Lovable comes with a backend built in. Connect Supabase and you can just describe what you want in plain language, Lovable designs the database tables and wires them to your UI. It's actually on by default, running on Supabase's open-source foundation, so you get a database, auth, and storage without touching a line of SQL.

Didn't get to test it myself (credits ran out), but this is the part that turns a pretty landing page into an actual working app.


Lovable x LinkedIn Integration

Here's a feature I didn't expect: Lovable can post directly to your LinkedIn profile as a "skill," almost like a verified badge showing what kind of apps you build.

To unlock a skill, you need one project that:

  • Falls into one of the 12 categories above (Lovable auto-classifies it once you've sent at least 5 messages in that project)
  • Has at least 20 visitor sessions on the live app (bot traffic doesn't count!)

Once you qualify, head to Settings → Account, find the skill, and hit Add to LinkedIn.

It'll show up publicly on your profile and update automatically as you keep building.


My take

I burned through my free credits fast, but for a 3-minute build, this is genuinely impressive. If you've got free time, give it a try...even if you're perpetually distracted like me. Let me know what you build!


Resources

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

File Types: Excel vs CSV

The Cloud: Why Does It Matter?

CIBC's Women in AI 2026: 3 Takeaways

Communication : The Hardest Soft Skill

No Laptop November

FinTech : Avoiding Fines with Partial Automation

Web Scraping: An Introduction

Data Wrangling : Best Practices For Working With Big Datasets

October Reflections

Understanding Outliers