Work-Life Balance: Be Intentional About It


Balance is not something you find, it's something you create.
 

As I get older, I realize the importance of the little things: deep conversations with my parents, laughs shared with my siblings and friends, and the chance to experience new things.

I am about to turn 26 (almost 30, as I've told my mom), and I want to make an effort to travel.

Why?

Because I feel like I have experienced the majority of things that Trinidad and Tobago has to offer. 

From beef roti to steelpan, it's truly amazing to be here, but the world is a big place with so much to learn!



Anyway, that's enough of my soliloquies.... Today's post is inspired by all my sleep-deprived friends, the ones who keep on going!

We often forget that we are more than just our jobs. We neglect the other roles we play in life, from daughter or son to father or mother, and friend.

Mid-year reviews are coming up and while we should all strive to be a good employee sometimes we need to stop and ask ourselves, "When last did I check in with Larry?".

Make time for the important things, like... showing up for your cousin's birthday party, you won't regret it.


That said, here are strategies to strike a balance between responding to urgent emails and asking your child about their day:

Set Boundaries : Don't Say Yes To Everything

Tech can blur the lines between work and personal life, stick to working within work hours. 


Take Your Vacation : Don't Hesitate

 Schedule vacations and breaks throughout the year to recharge and avoid burnout.


Fuel Your Passions: Buy That Guitar!

This provides a creative outlet and helps maintain a sense of identity beyond your career.


Disconnect After Hours : Stop Thinking About Work

Unless it is necessary that you work overtime.



Prioritize Self-Care : Go To The Spa Or Something

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Data : What to Do?

Prompt Engineering : An Introduction

Upskilling: Certificates vs. Certifications

Women In STEM : Challenges and Advantages

SQL Server Reporting Services vs. Power BI

5 Authentication Methods

There Has Been a Data Breach: Now What?

Inductive and Deductive Reasoning

Improving SQL Query Performance : Indexes

Don't Be Bland : Spice Up Your Personal Brand